Orthodontic treatment is an excellent investment in the overall dental, medical and psychological well-being of children and adults.
• As a convenience to you, we offer interest free in-house payment plans in which the majority of our patients participate.
• We pride ourselves in treating multiple family members over the years and offer family discounts.
• For those who wish to pre-pay we offer payment-in-full discounts.
• Keep credit card or bank account information on file with us for automatic monthly payments to be charged to your MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit card or debited from your bank account.
• We are committed to making orthodontic treatment affordable for you and are always happy to discuss alternate financial arrangements with you.
• As a service to you, we are happy to verify orthodontic insurance benefits and submit pretreatment estimates and claims on your behalf.
• If your insurance covers orthodontic treatment, you will receive the benefit of reduced out-of-pocket costs. We accept payments directly from the insurance company to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
• Please inform us if your benefits change during the course of treatment.
How does Orthodontic Insurance work?
Dental insurance policies usually cover 80% to 100% of most dental procedures, but orthodontic coverage is different. Orthodontic policies cover anywhere from 15-50% of the total treatment cost, up to a specified lifetime maximum, which varies from company to company. This benefit is paid out over the course of the treatment until the maximum has been reached. Insurance carriers offer many different types of plans to their subscribers and each plan provides a different benefit.
Our office will assist with your insurance. We will file insurance claims that describe the orthodontic problem, the length of treatment and the financial terms and request payments to be sent to our office.
What can you do to maximize your benefits?
Know your benefits before treatment begins! We can help you understand your orthodontic benefits such as your total benefit amount, how much you can expect to pay, and when to expect payment. Flex plans are designed to allow families to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses. Flexible spending accounts can be very beneficial however, they are strictly regulated. The facts are:
• These programs are regulated by the government and there are general guidelines that must be followed
• Payments made on account must be for services being rendered and should not be a pre-payment for future charges.
• Funds are to be used for “out-of-pocket” expenses. If you have insurance coverage for treatment you must allow for the portion of the fee your insurance will cover.
• Documentation is sometimes needed to receive reimbursement from your benefits administrator. Please check with your administrator to see what is needed.
Do I need to set aside funds for orthodontic treatment?
Appointments scheduled for pre-treatment observation are excellent opportunities to plan ahead for the coming year. If you are eligible for a Flexible Spending account, please make sure that you make any appointments well in advance of the enrollment deadline. We will do our best to help you estimate anticipated expenses for the coming year.