Simi Orthodontics emphasizes personal attention, quality orthodontic care and infection control. Infection
control has always been a top priority for our practice and has become more so during the COVID-19
pandemic. Here’s what we are doing to keep you safe:
- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and we continuously monitor new guidance that is issued.
- We’ve invested in enhanced air filtration through our HVAC system and have also placed free-standing air purifiers throughout the office.
- All staff members have received the appropriate COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Office protocols have been changed to minimize possible contagion and to allow for social distancing to keep patients, their families and our staff safe.
- Patients or their parents are asked to answer some screening questions about the health of the patient and immediate family members 24 hours before his/her appointment. Also, we request your signature on an addendum to our informed consent. Both forms are available on our website for easy completion (www.simiorthodontics.com).
- All patients are asked to wear a mask from the time they enter the office until they exit, removing their mask while his/her treatment is performed. All other visitors, regardless of his/her vaccination status, are asked to wear masks while in the office.
- Please have the patient brush his/her teeth at home prior to the appointment.
- You may continue to wait in your car if you are more comfortable. Please call the office upon arrival and we will let you know when we are ready to treat you.
- Dr. Simi is always interested in updating parents on treatment progress and can either do this by phone while you are in the parking lot, by phone or email at the end of the day or during parents’ visits to our waiting room.
- Upon entering our office we will take the patient’s temperature using a non-contact thermometer. We will also ask the patient to clean his/her hands. Patients who answer yes to the screening questions or have a temperature of 100.4* or higher will be asked to reappoint.
- If a parent wishes to come into the office he/she should also wear a mask and will be asked health screening questions and have his/her temperature checked. The parent will be asked to wait in the waiting room and only enter the operatory when invited by our clinical personnel.
- The CDC still recommends that ALL persons continue properly wearing masks (covering nose and mouth) while in health-care facilities, including dental offices, despite their vaccination status. We kindly request adherence to this as well as request continuance of social distancing whenever possible.
We look forward to your visit and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust in Simi Orthodontics!